Monday, June 13, 2011

Chapters 9 and 10

Both of these chapters refer to the specific rules about when and how to pray the night office as well as the number of Psalms to be read during each. It is interesting to see, and for me very nice, to have such structure for the praying each day. I am a very structure oriented person...the less there is the more difficult it is for me to really get in there and do anything. However...WITH structure, I make things go man! :-)

Interestingly I like how there are parts within each chapter that refer to and order the monk to be able to recite readings by heart. I really like this mostly because it's an area I have a hard time with. Memorizing scripture for whatever reason is particularly difficult for me. I blame the ADHD to be honest, but it's also because I just don't typically have the time to sit and actually work on making it happen. This coming form the guy who in high school could memorize lead parts in musicals and plays...that's how much MORE noise there is out there that I am subject to. Something this process is ALREADY helping me on!

And there you have it. This is short and simple.

I'll be leaving early this morning for the week on business...I'll try to update in the evenings where I can.

Pax!

Nick

No comments: