Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Some Interesting Complexity


Well.

Since we last talked I had just completed my latest venture to St. Meinrad and really enjoyed the trip having been rejuvenated and feeling stronger than ever. I am however, an incredibly busy person whose energies get dashed tin several different directions often, although that wasn't a problem until recently. I was just beginning to settle into a new way of doing things and then some familiar activities, business, and hasty decision making find their way back into the fray and over-complicate things to a degree reaching tedium.

I've been keeping up with my reading and prayer time has slipped more than I'd like although I am still getting to Mass, completing my daily tasks, and feeling generally pretty good about things even though I feel a lag coming off of my retreat. I suppose one could aptly argue that the high is gone...but man...what a high THAT was! Far different than even prior to, with  a longer lasting "sting" if you will. But as more activities creep into the picture I found myself slipping into some familiar territory with handling things, responses to stuff, and that was disheartening.

While this update will not include further introspection into further chapters in the Rule, rather a chance to reflect on myself a little as I work to regain my footing so-to-speak.

I found my sophomoric tendencies in full swing over the past few weeks despite my best efforts. While slightly annoying I do understand that a fundamental change in ones attitude takes time and in not without some trial and error. Having now seen how this is working itself out these past weeks, I have to re-engage myself within my daily prayerful intentions to really get back to a place where things are a bit more calm, toned down, and breathable.

I hope to have a post up with more insights into the Rule in the coming days. It is largely dependent upon my schedule which has effectively evaporated.

Patience.

Nick

No comments: